Secure Email Certificate Support
Netscape E-Mail Certificate Installation
First, collect the email certificate from our system
using Internet Explorer.
Then, export it to a file using the following method:
- Select Tools, Internet Options, Content, Certificates
- Select the required certificate, and click Export
- Go through the wizard, and remember to select 'Yes, export Private Key'
- Remember to tick 'Include all certificates in the certificate path'.
- When the wizard finishes, you will have a pfx file
- Copy this file to the machine running Netscape
- Start Netscape and select Edit, Preferences
- Open Privacy and Security
- Locate Certificates
- Select Manage Certificates
- Select Import
- The default is PKCS12 Files, which the pfx file is
- Select the file that you exported earlier
- Enter a Master Password (this can be anything that you choose)
- Next enter the password for the pfx file (used during the export)
- The certificate should then be imported
Use the certificate in Netscape to specify which signing and encryption certificates to use with a particular account, begin from the Mail window:
- Open the Edit menu and choose Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings.
- Click Security under the name of the mail account whose security settings you want to configure.
- Under Digital Signing, click Select. (You may be asked to provide your Master Password before you can proceed further.) A dialog box appears that allows you to select from among your available signing certificates.
- Choose the signing certificate you want to use, then click OK.
- Follow the same steps under Encryption: click the Select button, select the encryption certificate you want to use, and click OK.