How to Install Certificates on Plesk Server Administrator 7
- Login to the Plesk 7 Control Panel.
- From the left hand menu, select 'Domains'.
- Click on the domain name that the certificate is for.
- Click on the 'Certificates' menu item.
- There is a button in the middle of the page labelled 'Browse'. Click 'Browse' and navigate to the location of the saved site certificate you received from us. Selecting it, then select 'Send File', this will upload and install the certificate against the corresponding Private Key.
- The certificate name will now appear in the list of certificates at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the name of the Certificate from the list.
- There is a box on the page labelled 'CA Certificate'. You will need to paste both the Intermediate CA certificate and Root certificates from the .zip file you have received into this box.
Be sure to paste the certificates in the following order the Intermediate CA certificate, followed by the Root certificate. The result will appear similar to the example below (Please note: there is no blank line between the end of one certificate and the start of the next):
- Click the 'Send Text' button.
- Now click 'Up Level' from the top right of the screen and choose 'Setup'.
- At the top of the page, change the 'SSL Certificate' drop-down menu to the certificate you have just installed.
NOTE: The example above shows a shared IP. If there is no Certificate drop-down box on the screen, this means that you are on a shared hosting account, therefore you need to upgrade your hosting package and purchase a dedicated IP address from your hosting provider
- Click the 'Server' item from the left hand menu.
- Click on the 'Service Management' menu item.
- You now need to Stop and Start the Apache process.
NOTE: Restarting Apache will NOT work. You must stop the service, then start it again to complete the installation
NOTE: When you add a certificate, it is not installed automatically onto the domain or assigned to an IP address, but only added to the Certificate repository.
You can assign a certificate to an IP address at the Client's IP pool, at the IP aliasing management page, and during hosting creation on an exclusively granted IP.